Visa to Japan
Applying Visa General Information
The Consular Section of the Embassy of Japan in the Republic of Palau takes care of the issuance of visas to enter Japan.
- Must have sufficient passport pages (two blank adjacent passport pages)
- Visa processes will take (3) working days therefore; any traveler travelling to Japan must apply for a visa at least (3) working days before departure date from Palau.
- When applying for a visa, the applicant must apply in person at the Embassy. Documentation requirements may vary according to nationality and purpose of visit.
- The Embassy reserves the rights to request for additional documents whenever it deems necessary.
For passengers (regardless of nationality) who are transiting in Japan for immediate flight connections, and are not required to go through immigration clearance, a visa is not required.
However, for passengers with over-night flight connection/long hour waiting for connecting flight who wish to exit airport, or go to another airport to get on connecting flight, or who are required to check in baggage with connecting flight, a transit visa is required as they would have to go through immigration.
Requirements for Transit Visa
Visa Application Form
Temporary Visitor Visa
A Temporary Visitor Visa is for those who intend to stay in Japan for 90 days or less for such purposes as tourism, visiting relatives/ acquaintances, short-term business affairs, etc.
- Visa Requirements for Nationals of Palau
- Visa Requirements for Spouse or Child of a Japanese
Visa Application Forms
- Transit Visa $6
- Temporary Visitor Single Entry Visa $28.00
- Temporary Visitor Double/Multiple Entry Visa $56.00
Travel InformationDear travelers to Japan: It is recommended to take out an overseas travel insurance
- An overseas travel insurance makes you feel secure, even in emergencies, and you can enjoy your trip.
- Medical expenses can be very high in Japan. If the travel insurance you purchased offers sufficient coverage of treatment costs, you can receive treatment without concern.
- It is recommended to have an overseas travel insurance with travel support for hospital referrals, medical interpretation, and cashless medical service. (We recommend that you check your insurance details before travelling. For example, perinatal medical care is not covered by travel insurance and can be expensive.)
The Immigration Bureau
Animal Quarantine Service
Plant Protection Station
Japan Atlas: Historical sites, festivals, architecture, nature, traditional craft, advanced technology, communities, etc.
Weather of Major Japanese Cites
Visit Japan Web
Video "Introduction of Japanese elementary school life" (YouTube)
- Nice to Meet You! Let's Be Friends!
- Tell Me About Elementary School in Japan!